- Fate Stay Night the New Anime TV Series is Soon to Be Released, But Will Everyone Like It?
- Instructions For producing Music
- Getting Started With Food Pics
- Hybrid Cars
- How To Get a Car Loan With Bad Credit?
- Jeep Auto Body Parts: Hot Tips To Great Price Slash
- Business to Business
- Fashion Wholesale Jewelry - New Online Business Success
- Himfr.com Reports New Strength In China Trade Performance
- Earn Money From Home - A Brief Overview
- Computers and Electronics
- Hosting and HTML - What? Creating Your Own Website
- How to choose the right Web Design Company?
- Eliminate Spyware to Protect Your Computer
- Dating Matchmaking
- How To Get The Guy You Like - 3 Valuable Tips To Get The Guy You Want!
- I Want My Ex Back: Tips
- How Can You Win Your Ex Back? 3 Surefire Tricks to Get Back With Your Ex
- Education and Employment
- How to Get Jobs in Internet
- Types Of Trademarks
- Grants For Single Mothers Going Back To School
- The New Face Of Music Games
- Television The Most Popular Form Of Entertainment
- Find Excellent Deals For Motion Picture Downloading
- Family and Community
- Top Tips For Saving Money When Booking Holidays Abroad
- Top Toddler Halloween Costume Ideas.
- Different Types Of Recliner Slip Covers
- Health and Personal Care
- Treadmills: Not Just for Exercise
- Flat Abs In A Week?
- Nose Hair Clippers - For Persaonal Grooming
- Home and Garden
- Adult Ghost Halloween Costumes For a Ghastly, Creepy Good Time
- Methods in Killing Bedbugs
- Packing a Television for the Big Move
- Legal and Financial Services
- Looking At The Debt Settlement Act
- A New Twist On An Old Trading Strategy
- Do You Need Help Understanding Your Mortgage
- Network Marketing Could be the Key to Success in a Sluggish Economy
- Great Ways to Boost Sales
- Your Aged Pet Need Pain Relief For Dogs
- Your New Pet Guinea Pig - What You'll Need to Take Care of It
- Understanding Why Dogs Fight With Each Other
- Real Estate and Rentals
- What to Expect From Your REALTOR
- Pondering a New House: New Construction or Existing?
- Benidorm Is The Vacation Capital Of Spain
- Shopping and Specialty Stores
- Boxer Brief
- Baby Products: Your baby is a Precious Jewel, Get Him the Best
- Hawaiian Tiki Gifts
- Sports and Recreation
- What The PSE Brute Compound Bow Is All About!
- Super Bowl Security Uses Microsoft Surface
- Dolphins Top Panthers In NFL Preseason Action
- Travel and Transportation
- Save Money On Your Vacation With Online Travel Agents
- Antarctica - Any Time is a Great Time to Visit
- Guadalajara Vacation Rental Tips
- Important Dating Tips For Guys
- Stonewall 40th Anniversary
- Contemporary Wedding Rings Can Be Very Different From The Traditional Wedding Ring
6 Things You Should Never Do To Your PC
By Ocar Hanratty Published: 12/05/2008
6 Things You Should Never Do To Your PC
If you are a newcomer to the zany world of desktop computers or even laptop computers, then you have to know the certain things you should never do to your system. Often times, there is no substitute for good old common sense. There is somewhat of a steep learning curve when you first start using computers, but the good news is that after you go up that slope the first time, you will have much of the most difficult stuff behind you already. Now let us take a look at a few things you should never do when operating your computer.
Do not run your computer in Safe Mode all the time. The idea behind Safe Mode is to allow only Windows to run so that you can figure out what is wrong with your computer. With just Windows running, you can easily determine whether Windows is at fault. If your problem is solved when in Safe Mode, then you know it is something else. To leave Safe Mode, simply restart your PC.
Do not ever reinstall Windows. This is just about always a terrible idea as most problems can be fixed without taking this unnecessary step. And it is a step with a lot of risk involved as lots of things can go wrong. Only if your computer is totally ravaged by a catastrophe such as a virus should you ever reinstall an operating system.
Do not ever reformat your hard drive. You just have no reason whatsoever to reformat as this kind of thing is never required and is simply not a routine part of owning a PC. As with reinstalling Windows, it should never be done unless you are experiencing real disaster because there is way too much risk involved here as well.
Do not delete files at random that you did not create. You just have to be very cautious about what you delete. When you see the gray box pop up and ask you if you are sure that you want to delete that file, it probably means that you do not. Never make the mistake of thinking that it is okay to delete something just because you do not know what it is. This will usually get you into big trouble.
Do not let other folks use your computer. Windows was designed to permit multiple people to use the system so long as they have their own accounts. So take complete advantage of this by giving them their own accounts. Treat your computer as you would your bank account. You have to remember that all it takes if for one grandparent or nephew to infect your computer with a terrible virus.
Do not use pirated software. This is a must. Stolen software is often the source of many computer viruses. You just never know what idiot put what virus on a disk. Remember that pirated games are the primary source of viruses.
These items are very difficult to comply with. Most of them just take some common sense along with the willingness to say no to your family and friends. You need to remember that you have invested quite a lot of money into your PC and all of the software you purchased. So be sure and protect your investment so that it will last you for several years.