- Fate Stay Night the New Anime TV Series is Soon to Be Released, But Will Everyone Like It?
- Guitar Types - Understanding the Different Types of Guitars
- About 10 Basic Feature Film Overviews
- Detroit Locksmith: The One-Stop Solution for Everything Locks!
- How To Obtain An Expedited New US Passport
- Getting Your Car Ready For Winter Driving
- Business to Business
- Help Your New Online Company Using Optimal Seo Rankings
- Bring New Styles To Your Rooms With Custom-Made Furniture
- How To Utilize Knowledge Management System Software
- Computers and Electronics
- Shop, Save, Share & Smile with NetHaggler
- Options Buying A New Netbook
- Discover New Heights In Your Business With New Mover Leads
- Dating Matchmaking
- Do You Make A Good Match?
- How Can You Win Your Ex Back? 3 Surefire Tricks to Get Back With Your Ex
- Does He Have A Crush On Me? Discover The New Ways
- Education and Employment
- Sample Customer Service Cashier Interview Questions
- Cellular Phone Accessory
- Two Contacts For Locating Bail Bonds
- Download Various Excellent Films To View Today
- An Assortment Of Quick Hollywood Movie Plot Lines
- A Cross Section Of Basic Major Motion Picture Reviews
- Family and Community
- Real Secrets Of Manifesting
- Is The Relationship With The Wife Leading For You?
- Pomacanthus Paru : Guide On The Beautiful French Angelfish
- Health and Personal Care
- Overview Of High Blood Pressure Remedies
- Flavoring Concentrates With 0 Carb Sparked By New Trends In Flavoring For Beverages And Food
- Top Toenail Fungus Treatment
- Home and Garden
- 5 Beautiful Holiday Destinations In Australia
- You've Never Tried An Air Mattress As Comfortable As The Aerobed Twin
- Home Improvements Can Bring New Life To Your Home
- Legal and Financial Services
- Can You Make Money With Interest?
- Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund Celebrates 15 Years Of Wealth Creation
- How To Get a Car Loan With Bad Credit?
- Great Ways to Boost Sales
- Network Marketing Could be the Key to Success in a Sluggish Economy
- Your Aged Pet Need Pain Relief For Dogs
- Your New Pet Guinea Pig - What You'll Need to Take Care of It
- Pet Urns for Ashes and Cremation
- Real Estate and Rentals
- What to Expect From Your REALTOR
- Benidorm Is The Vacation Capital Of Spain
- Check Alaska Apartment Reviews
- Shopping and Specialty Stores
- Tips for Selling Old Jewelry
- Hawaiian Tiki Gifts
- Baby Products: Your baby is a Precious Jewel, Get Him the Best
- Sports and Recreation
- Hunting For the Best Golf Travel Case
- Take Your Dive to a New Level with the Sanyo VPC-E2
- You Will Find A Big Choice Of Cheap Golf Accessories Online
- Travel and Transportation
- Majorca Deals Offer The Vacation Of A Lifetime Without Emptying Your Wallet
- Why Understanding Astral Travel Is A Life Changing Experience
- Five Nifty Traveler Tips You Will Enjoy
- A Small Office Phone System For Smaller Operations
- The Beginners Guide To Hairdressing - How To Be A Hairdresser
- Close Edit Lens Canon Printer Drivers - The Easiest Way To Update Yours
8 Things Not To Do To New Laminate Flooring
By Shawne M.J. Patrick Published: 02/15/2010
After spending the cash to replace your (http://www.carpetone.com) carpet and put in nice, new hardwood flooring, you would like to be sure that you look after it correctly and don't do anything to damage it. You want it to stay looking fine for as long as possible so there are a few things that you definitely don't want to do to your hardwood flooring.
You definitely do not need to wet mop your (http://www.carpetone.com/Hardwood.html) hardwood flooring, or get big amounts of water on it. Any spills should be cleaned up immediately to limit the contact of the water with the flooring. Water could cause the flooring to grow and crack, as well as causing other possible damage to your floor. You must sweep your floor regularly to dispose of the mud and dust which could scratch your floor, and use a dust mop or a touch damp mop from time to time, but avoid wet mopping the floor.
Another don't when it comes to your hardwood flooring is using ammonia cleaners or oil soaps to wash the floor. These can actually damage the finish on your floor, and it can make it so that your options for refinishing the floor later in the event of any damage are a lot more limited. There are a number of hardwood flooring cleaners that you can buy for spot treating any areas that have scuffs or stains ; these are a far better option since they will not hurt your floor.
If your hardwood flooring has a urethane finish, it is important not to wax your floor, or to use any sort of cleaner which will leave a residue. Ensure you are aware of the type of finish on your floor so you are not making a mistake and use wax when you should not.
It is also important that you keep pets' nails trimmed short and that you don't wear spiky heels in areas where you have put hardwood flooring. These can scratch or dent the flooring, and this type of damage is not covered under most guaranties, so it's best to avoid it in the first place.
Don't drag furniture across the floor. Furniture should be lifted to move it to prevent scratching the floor. The feet should also have protective guides placed on them in order that they are far less likely to injure your floor.
Though it's really important to put mats on your floors to trap mud and dust and keep them off the floor, you don't want to use rubber backed mats or those that don't breathe because they can injure your floor. They make special mats exclusively for hardwood flooring, so you should purchase this type of mat instead for best results in keeping your floor from being damaged.
Ensure that the humidity level in your home is not below 30 % or above fifty %, as air that is too dry or too damp will lead to damage to your floor, including cracking. Use either a humidifier or dehumidifier to correct any problems you could have with the levels of humidity in your home.