- 5 Interesting New Moon Twilight Party Favors
- Why Peace Symbol Is So Sacred For Chinese People
- World of Warcraft Players
- Jeep Auto Body Parts: Hot Tips To Great Price Slash
- Why Now Is A Great Time To Invest In A Luxury Vehicle
- Buy A New And Second-hand Automobile In Singapore
- Business to Business
- Make Money Using Article Submission Service
- How Silicone Bracelets Have Assisted Global Causes To Increase Their Notoriety
- Blogging the New Art to Make Money at Home
- Computers and Electronics
- Parts That Work For Different Graphics Cards
- The New Nokia N97 - How Does It Compare To The N96
- Buying A New Laptop? Here Is What You Need To Know
- Dating Matchmaking
- Meeting New People Can Be Trouble-free With Online Dating
- How To Tell If A Man Really Loves You
- Do You Make A Good Match?
- Education and Employment
- Sample Customer Service Cashier Interview Questions
- Exploring The Elements Of Contract Law
- Hooked On Phonics Develops Kids Reading Skills
- Online Casino Red Book - Best Online Casino Ranking & Guide
- Instructions For producing Music
- Find Excellent Deals For Motion Picture Downloading
- Family and Community
- Are Russian Women Good Mothers?
- Exiting Ideas For A Unique Wedding Theme
- Building New Intimacy In A Sound Relationship
- Health and Personal Care
- The Greatest New Diet: The Acai Berry
- Why Use Natural Remedies - Because They Work And Are Available Waiting To Be Discovered
- Are You Trying to Find a New Dentist? Try to Get One Who Offers Invisalign Treatment
- Home and Garden
- John Wayne: The American Hero
- Check Out The New Collection Of Coffee Makers
- Finding the Best Wire Racks For Your Kitchen
- Legal and Financial Services
- Strategies To Discovering A Foreign Exchange Currency Broker Without Having Any Uncertainties
- A New Twist On An Old Trading Strategy
- Avoiding Pitfall In Homes Short Sale
- Great Ways to Boost Sales
- Network Marketing Could be the Key to Success in a Sluggish Economy
- Your Aged Pet Need Pain Relief For Dogs
- Understanding Why Dogs Fight With Each Other
- Great Ways to Boost Sales
- Real Estate and Rentals
- Selling a Home Read This Helpful Information
- Benidorm Is The Vacation Capital Of Spain
- Check Alaska Apartment Reviews
- Shopping and Specialty Stores
- Know More About The Cheap Diamonds Offered By Sona Diamond Jewelry
- Hiring A Personal Shopper: Retail Therapy In New York City
- Men's Earrings - The Symbol Of Toughness And Audacity
- Sports and Recreation
- All Terrain Skateboarding - Why You Need To Try It!
- Be First Off The Grid With F1 Show Cars
- Find Exciting Things To Do With New York Travel Brochures
- Travel and Transportation
- Gay Trips To Magical To India
- A Cruise To Nowhere From New York
- Choose Cheap New York Hotels to Enjoy Your Holiday
- Defeat Identity Crooks By Utilizing A Reverse Cellular phone Index
- Himfr.com Reprinted The 2nd International Chemical New Materials Summit To Hold In China
- Primaloft Comforter A Fantastic Comforter
A New Fantasy Football Strategy
By Ian Blevins Published: 09/03/2009
I did a few things different this year both in preparing for my draft and in basic strategy on draft day. They are a bit unconventional but I am confident that they will pay off when its all said and done. Look them over and see if you think I'm crazy or onto something.
First, I drastically reduced the amount of studying I did. For the past few years I poured over every stat that I could and read the Pro Football Prospectus front to back (have you ever seen the size of that thing). I sure knew my fantasy football - which works great for talking to you guys - but talk about paralysis by analysis.
It definitely didn't help me since the past few years have actually been some of my worst (top five finishes both seasons in both leagues but only in the money once - not living up to my standards). It was time to lighten the load and step back a bit.
Then, I veered from the usual preference of mine to draft at least one running back with one of my first two picks. I always typically do this, but opted not to this season. The running backs just aren't as important as they used to be, and I'm not the only one making this claim.
It seems like each of the last few seasons, my running backs have let me down so I chose to go with a growing trend that shows that wide receivers are the best bets during the first two rounds. However, I decided to take a QB with one of the two picks.
If I had a top quarterback I could rely on and a top wide receiver, I could easily snag two serviceable running backs in the middle rounds of the draft. There are plenty out there this year.
I took Tom Brady at number 5 and then Andre Johnson on the way back. I then went Jennings as people started a trend on WR and then came back with Schaub. It could been much better had I picked anything but a ten on the redraw but those are both top ten, quality players at their positions.
From there, it was time for some running backs, and I was lucky enough to snag Ronnie Brown and Pierre Thomas with these picks. I have really high hopes for Thomas, so I was especially happy with that pick.